Departmental Output Expense - Fisheries Operations
This departmental output expense provides for:
- The development of standards, guidelines, regulations, fisheries plans and processes that make fisheries policy operational
- Services to monitor the delivery of contracted and devolved registry services to ensure consistency and compliance with contracted or devolved standards
- Delivering on obligations arising from the Fisheries Deed of Settlement obligations
- The management and dissemination of information received from registry agencies
- Management of a number of Ministry statutory decision processes
- A capacity to contribute to the formulation of strategic goals for the biosecurity system
- A capability to contribute to the New Zealand Biodiversity Strategy.
This departmental output expense is designed to achieve:
- Appropriate standards defining acceptable impacts of fishing
- Appropriate allocation of rights to utilise fisheries
- Objective-based fisheries plans that maximise value from fisheries
- Effective participation for tangata whenua in fisheries management.