Extension of Submission Deadlines
Download as PDF (File Size: 12KB)
25 July 2005
EXTENSION OF SUBMISSION DEADLINES:
OCTOBER 2005 SUSTAINABILITY ROUND AND AMATEUR FISHING REGULATIONS REVIEW
The Ministry of Fisheries has extended the timeframe for interested parties to provide submissions on two reviews that are currently underway. These reviews are the Review of Sustainability Measures and Other Management Controls for the 2005-06 (1 October) Fishing Year, and the Proposal to Amend Aspects of the Amateur Fishing Regulations.
The first review considers the following proposals:
- Deemed values review;
- Fishstocks for review – elephant fish (ELE 3 & 5), flatfish (FLA 1), grey mullet GMU 1), hake (HAK 7), hoki (HOK 1) (update only), rig (SPO 1 & 3) snapper (SNA 8), and kahawai;
- Regulatory proposals (southern bluefin tuna, kingfish, beach-cast seaweeds); and
- Conversion factors review.
The second review considers the following amateur fishing rules:
- Primary taker;
- Counting and measuring scallops and dredge oysters at the first reasonable opportunity;
- Rock lobster catch methods;
- Coromandel scallop amateur daily bag limit;
- Possession of mussels and paua with UBA; and
- Shucking of scallops and dredge oysters at sea.
The deadline for submissions on both reviews is now 5 pm, Wednesday 10 August 2005.
Manager Stock Strategies