Changing Course - Towards Fisheries 2010
- Preface by Chief Executive
- Nature's limits: The challenge
- Net gains: The change of course
- Fisheries 2010: The twelve founding principles
- Guardianship: Our children's future
- Foresight for the future: Strategic issues
- Our common future: Working with stakeholders
- Next steps for the Ministry: Where to from here?
- Project 2010
Copies of this document are available from the Ministry of Fisheries.
Changing Course: Sustainable fisheries in a healthy aquatic ecosystem
Ensuring ecologically sustainable fisheries in the coming years will require considerable and continuing effort by all stakeholders. It will not happen unless the Ministry and stakeholders work collaboratively to conserve and manage our fisheries for the benefit of future generations of New Zealanders.
With the respect, cooperation and support of all stakeholders, the Ministry is likely to succeed in leading the effort towards achieving healthy fisheries. If we work together to improve sustainable fisheries management, our aquatic environment will be able to continue to yield fish - and economic and social benefits - for the foreseeable future.