OUTPUT CLASS - FISHERIES ACCESS AND ADMINISTRATION
This output class covers the services associated with monitoring the effectiveness of delivery of contracted and devolved registry services to ensure consistency and compliance with contracted or devolved standards. It includes the management and dissemination of information received from registry agencies for use by the Ministry in managing other output classes. It also includes a number of Ministry statutory decision processes.
- Manage the delivery of registry services by the Ministry's contracted service delivery agency.
- Provide advice to the Minister of Fisheries on the performance of transferred registry based functions, duties and powers by the Approved Service Delivery Organisation.
- Undertake robust monitoring programmes to provide assurance that registry services are provided appropriately.
- Manage the statutory processes supporting the introduction of new species into the quota management system.
- Provide for other services for fishers.