OUTPUT 41 - STATUTORY DECISION PROCESSES ADMINISTERED
This output provides for the evaluation of applications from stakeholders to harvest aquatic life or to farm aquatic life outside normal rules.
This output provides for fisheries management advice on:
- new marine and freshwater farm applications
- administration of existing marine and fresh water farm authorisations
- monitoring of competitive catch limits and closure where required
- the issuing of special permits.
Output 41-performance expectations.
||At least 95% of agreed results achieved to specified quality standards.|
||Actual expenditure is within the range of 90% - 110% of the budgeted amount.|
||All agreed results achieved within the specified timeframes.|
Output 41- Results table.
||Quality & timeliness
The Ministry will resolve all applications made under the Marine Farming Act 1971, Fisheries Act 1983 or the Freshwater Fish Farming Regulations 1983 (or any Act that replaces those provisions) on a timely basis
|Quality achieved, timeliness not achieved.
48 new permit applications were completed and a further six were withdrawn. 11 other applications have had preliminary decisions made. The Ministry also completed 171 other variations to existing aquaculture permits and licences.
|The Minister of Fisheries is advised to close commercial access to any fishery managed by way of competitive catch limits before the catch limit is breached
||The Southern Bluefin Tuna fishery was closed on 12 July 2004 within the catch limit of 420 tonnes.|
|95% of applications for special permits will be determined within six months of the date of receipt of completed applications and to the following prescription:
• appropriate consultation is carried out in accordance with section
97(2) of the Fisheries Act 1996 on
each application, prior to a decision to approve or decline the application
• the purpose for which a special permit is issued is consistent with those specified in section 97(1) of the Fisheries Act 1996
• in compliance with the procedures in the Special Permit Manual
|Quality achieved, timeliness not achieved
96% of applications were processed within 6 months of receipt of complete application or are currently less than 6 months.
|Applications on hand at the beginning of the period
|Received in the period
|Total to process
• completed within 6 months
• completed outside 6 months
|Balance on hand
• greater than 6 months
• less than 6 months