Delivery of Fisheries Registry Services
Expressions of Interest
The Ministry of Fisheries in its own right, and on behalf of the Minister of Fisheries, is seeking to appoint an external service provider to:
- deliver registry based services as prescribed in the Fisheries Act 1996, and
- assist in the transition from the Fisheries Act 1983 to the Fisheries Act 1996.
The Ministry seeks Expressions of Interest from organisations that may be interested in providing the services directly and/or in contract with the Crown and can demonstrate to the Minister of Fisheries satisfaction that the organisation:
- is representative of quota owners who have an interest in registry services; and
- is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1993; and
- has the financial, management and other resources to enable it to carry out and be accountable for the delivery of registry services; and
- can provide the Chief Executive with a monetary bond or deposit; or has established and is maintaining an alternative arrangement, in accordance with section 296D of the Fisheries Act 1996.
A shortlist of respondents will be compiled from those who register interest and who meet the Ministry's qualifying criteria. Only those shortlisted will be invited to enter the next stage of the appointment process.
Further detail of the services and the information required to support an expression of interest are outlined in the Request for Expressions of Interest and can be obtained from the address below.
Expressions of Interest close at 3pm, 16 October 2000, at the address below.
Senior Contracts Analyst
Ministry of Fisheries
PO Box 1020
Tel: (04) 470 2632
Fax: (04) 470 2686