General Information - Vessels fishing under a High Seas Fishing Permit (H.S.F.P.)
The High Seas Fishing Permit or an exact copy of it must be carried on board the vessel at all times when on a trip.
Specific notifications required by the H.S.F.P are;-
- 5 working days prior notification of intention to depart port for the high seas.
- 24 hours prior notification of the vessels entry or exit from the NZ fisheries waters, or any restricted area, including when transiting
- Immediate notification of the vessels entry or exit from the NZ fisheries waters, or any restricted area, including when transiting
- Immediate notification on the vessel’s entry to or exit from any foreign fishing jurisdiction, including when transiting
- 48 hours prior notification to the arrival of the vessel in any port (New Zealand or elsewhere):
- Dispensation from monitored discharge requests (allow 5 working days for processing)
- Other specific notifications that may be required by the H.S.F.P.
NB: details of the types of notifications and the information required in the notifications are on your H.S.F.P.